Re: [Tails-l10n] Discuss our translation infrastructure - ne…

Author: emmapeel
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Discuss our translation infrastructure - needs your input
Nice discussion.. I want to clarify that:

sajolida:
> u:
>>
>> * integrate with Git (push and pull)
>
> I'm not sure about the "push". At least we don't want to have that
> platform pushing to our main repo, but rather us pulling from it from
> time to time. So then I'm not sure where else it should "push" stuff.

I like integration in the sense that we can be based on the same git
repo, and be aware of new translations generated, etc. Pull is a must,
push I find a bit scary when automated, mainly because of commit spam I
think...

>> SHOULD
>> ======
>> * provide support for Git branches (we could also agree upon translation
>> only master through this interface)
>
> What do you mean by "Git branches"? From the most crazy to the less:
>
> 1. Do we need to allow translators to create their own branches?
> 2. Do we need to allow translators to work in any existing branch?
> 3. Do we need to allow translators to work on some branches?

I think each .po file should have a repo-branch information, and be
based on it. That is how Weblate is done, and also no personal repos for
translators.

>> * should provide checks for inconsistent translations
>
> What do you mean by that? Could you give me an example of inconsistency
> that could be detected by such a machine?

When the same phrase has been translated differently on another document.