Re: [Tails-l10n] Discuss our translation infrastructure - ne…

Author: spriver
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Discuss our translation infrastructure - needs your input
Hi,
thanks for starting such thing; I think that something like this is
overdue.

In my opinion the glossary thing is more a should or even must. We use
many technical terms and newbies (esp. people who are'nt that "geeky"
could run into problems there) may do not know all terms. We also
experienced the numerous discussion about some terms in our German
translation team. If we could have a place to unify all agreements we
made about some terms it would make it also easier for new translators
to start and it would also reduce traffic on the mailing list. (I hope
you get what I mean)

Furthermore we could also add (maybe this idea is too much or obsolete)
a list of "core pages" to translate. This would be a list of the most
needed pages in the wiki to start translations on. (This could be
helpful for new translation teams to have a overview of the "most
needed" pages)

Cheers,

spriver