Re: [Tails-l10n] Discuss our translation infrastructure - ne…

Author: flapflap
To: tails-l10n
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Discuss our translation infrastructure - needs your input
Muri Nicanor:
> hi,
>
> On 03/20/2015 12:55 PM, u wrote:

[snip]
>> MUST
>> ====
>> * integrate with Git (push and pull)
>> * provide a usable easy web interface
> i would add 'privacy sensitive' to the features of the webinterface.
> there are some SAAS, like transifex, which are run by some company and
> although they do good stuff for some opensource projects, i don't really
> trust them. if possible i'd prefer a service by some tech collective -
> but i also know that there's maybe no such service out there...

[snip]

I recall a GNU event where Pootle [0] (GPLv3) was suggested instead of
non-free transifex. An example instance is [1] and a wikipedia page [2]
exists as well /but I don't have any practical experience with it/.

Personally, I'd really like to see a free web interface for the not so
git-savvy translators that respects their freedom.

[0] http://pootle.translatehouse.org
[1] http://mozilla.locamotion.org and
    http://mozilla.locamotion.org/about/
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pootle

Back then at the event, I also wrote down a note that there should be
something at
https://chapters,gnu.org/pootle
but the server seems to have some problems (500 Internal Server Error)
at the moment...

~flapflap