Re: [Tails-project] [Brainstorm by Nov 27] Criteria for choo…

Author: intrigeri
Subject: Re: [Tails-project] [Brainstorm by Nov 27] Criteria for choosing which GitLab we will use
Hi,

intrigeri:
> today is an individual brainstorming question:

>    What criteria matter to you for choosing the GitLab instance
>    that Tails will use?

I've incorporated the input provided in this thread into the document
where I've been gathering information about hosting options¹.
I'm happy if you verify if I've correctly incorporated your input.

A few criteria need clarification and I'm happy to keep discussing
them in this thread. In parallel, I plan to start at least one next
round of discussion by the end of the week.

Meanwhile, one useful thing you folks can do, if you can't wait for
the next round of discussion, is:

1. Look for criteria that are particularly subjective in the
comparison table², and check the initial draft assessment I made.

2. If you strongly disagree about what's written in a particular cell,
and you think a different assessment in this particular table cell
may make a difference to our final decision, please say so.

I'm confident I'll imagine a process for the next steps that does
not require us reaching a consensus about every cell of the table,
so take it easy :)

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/tails-team/gitlab-migration/wikis/hosting/comparison
[2] https://salsa.debian.org/tails-team/gitlab-migration/wikis/hosting/comparison#comparison