Re: [Tails-project] [Brainstorm by Nov 27] Criteria for choo…

Author: intrigeri
Subject: Re: [Tails-project] [Brainstorm by Nov 27] Criteria for choosing which GitLab we will use
Hi,

intrigeri:
>    What criteria matter to you for choosing the GitLab instance
>    that Tails will use?

Here are mine:

- When will it be ready to host us (both technically and socially)?

- Is account registration open?

- What kind of per-user limits are in place? If there are limits for
newly registered users, how does the process to lift these
limits work?

- How viable is it on the long run?

- How much does it cost Tails in terms of money?

- How much does it cost Tails in terms of labour?

- What kind of admin support can we expect from the admins of this
GitLab instance? (e.g. during our initial migration or if we
encounter bugs that don't affect other users of this GitLab
instance)

- Is there room for discussing changes to the current setup, for
example if it does not fit our current needs, or if our needs
evolve in the future?

And here are a few more, that I inferred from a private conversation
(I did not raise them myself initially and don't take credit for them;
this is my own, possibly mistaken, interpretation; phrased this way,
I think they are relevant criteria):

- How good are the communication channels between us and the admins?

- Is handling confidential data a design goal that admins consciously
have in mind?

- Is 3rd-party "cloud" storage currently used? If not, how would the
decision-makers and admins feel about ever using cloud storage in
the future?