Re: [Tails-l10n] Clarification on the merging of Weblate rep…

Author: drebs
To: Tails localization discussion, intrigeri
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Clarification on the merging of Weblate repo into cannonical Tails repo ::: WAS: [fr, de] Delta between Git and Weblate translations
Quoting intrigeri (2019-06-27 05:47:08)
> Also, our Weblate translation platform should go live in the next two
> days. Then you'll need to decide whether you want to use it or stick
> to translating in Git. Once that's done, we may need to update the
> corresponding doc for your teams :)

Hi, I will hijack this thread a bit. I'm sorry if this is not the place
to discuss this, and if that is the case just let me know and I'll move
the discussion elsewhere.

I'm writing user documentation for Weblate and I would like to
understand how the changes in Weblate are supposed to be merged back to
main repo, and if there are special roles for users that make
a differente in that merge strategy.

My current understanding is that:

- any person can create an account in Weblate.

  - two votes from any regular different users are enough for
    a translation to be accepted in Weblate.

- after two votes, Weblate will create a commit in the Weblate repo.

- Something happens and that commit is merged to cannonical Tails repo.

Is that understanding correct? If so:

- what's "something" in the last step?

  - what prevents someone from creating 2 different users in Weblate
    and voting to accept their own translations?

This are related issues:

https://redmine.tails.boum.org/code/issues/10331
https://redmine.tails.boum.org/code/issues/10802
https://redmine.tails.boum.org/code/issues/10257

They seem to conclude that:

- suggestions are not made into commits by Weblate.

- there should be different roles for users that can accept suggestions
and thus let Weblate turn them into commits that could be merged back.

But I can't derive from that what was the conclusion and what is the
process for merging Weblate changes back into cannonical Tails repo.

Thanks!