Re: [Tails-l10n] Clarification on the merging of Weblate rep…

Author: ignifugo
To: Tails localization discussion, u, Andre B. S.
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Clarification on the merging of Weblate repo into cannonical Tails repo ::: WAS: [fr, de] Delta between Git and Weblate translations

u:
> Hi!
>
> On 27.06.19 14:17, drebs wrote:
>> Quoting intrigeri (2019-06-27 05:47:08)

>> I'm writing user documentation for Weblate and I would like to
>> understand how the changes in Weblate are supposed to be merged back to
>> main repo, and if there are special roles for users that make
>> a differente in that merge strategy.

Hi.. I`m also interested in this... and in update the italian doc about
weblate (our draft https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/l10n_Italian/#index3h1 )

can you link yours?

>> My current understanding is that:
>>
>> - any person can create an account in Weblate.
>>
>>   - two votes from any regular different users are enough for
>>     a translation to be accepted in Weblate.

>> - after two votes, Weblate will create a commit in the Weblate repo.

I understood that the commit happen when the page is revisioned AND
translated at 100%.. this mechanism changed?

>> - Something happens and that commit is merged to cannonical Tails repo.
>
> After doing some sanity checks on the technical side these modifications
> are automatically merged into the canonical Tails repository.
>
>> Is that understanding correct? If so:
>>
>> - what's "something" in the last step?
>
> Replied above. I believe there is a cronjob that handles the pushes, but
> I let intrigeri confirm this.
>
>>   - what prevents someone from creating 2 different users in Weblate
>>     and voting to accept their own translations?

> Currently nothing.

the human check? also in git this could happen, if someone has 2 users,
but in the past process we had not anonimous user..
for our team at the moment the review process is quite slow :( but I
think because is not enougth clear for all how work.. probably..

>> This are related issues:
>>
>> https://redmine.tails.boum.org/code/issues/10331
>> https://redmine.tails.boum.org/code/issues/10802
>> https://redmine.tails.boum.org/code/issues/10257
>>
>> They seem to conclude that:
>>
>> - suggestions are not made into commits by Weblate.
>
> This is currently correct.
>
>> - there should be different roles for users that can accept suggestions
>> and thus let Weblate turn them into commits that could be merged back.
>
> This is currently, to my knowledge, not the case.
>
> I'm happy to explore with you what other options we have.
> Shall we discuss this in a meeting instead of email?
>
> We need to have a meeting to follow up on the work that was done by
> hefee and intrigeri anyway, but we have not yet agreed on a date. I'll
> include you into this discussion.

I would like participate also..
thanks!

ignifugo