[Tails-l10n] [fr,de] Delta between Git and Weblate translati…

Author: intrigeri
To: Tails localization discussion
New-Topics: Re: [Tails-l10n] Clarification on the merging of Weblate repo into cannonical Tails repo ::: WAS: [fr, de] Delta between Git and Weblate translations
Subject: [Tails-l10n] [fr,de] Delta between Git and Weblate translations
Hi,

Yesterday we've merged Weblate's master branch into the master branch
of the canonical Tails Git repository.

I've spotted discrepancies for French and German translations, i.e.
some translation work was done on Weblate for these languages, but
never merged into our live website. Given the translations for these
two languages have been primarily maintained in Git so far, after
merging I've reverted them to the version from Git over the one
from Weblate.

So you folks might want to check the diff of that revert and consider
salvaging anything that looks like an improvement to you :)

The commit where I did this revert is:
c7ed57b521f918e8a023758413b9183056a69db3

Also, our Weblate translation platform should go live in the next two
days. Then you'll need to decide whether you want to use it or stick
to translating in Git. Once that's done, we may need to update the
corresponding doc for your teams :)

FWIW, here are the authors of the commits done on Weblate are:

- German: