Re: [Tails-l10n] [fr, de] Delta between Git and Weblate tran…

Author: xin
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] [fr, de] Delta between Git and Weblate translations
intrigeri:
> Hi,
>
> Yesterday we've merged Weblate's master branch into the master branch
> of the canonical Tails Git repository.
>
> I've spotted discrepancies for French and German translations, i.e.
> some translation work was done on Weblate for these languages, but
> never merged into our live website. Given the translations for these
> two languages have been primarily maintained in Git so far, after
> merging I've reverted them to the version from Git over the one
> from Weblate.

Thanks.

> So you folks might want to check the diff of that revert and consider
> salvaging anything that looks like an improvement to you :)
>
> The commit where I did this revert is:
> c7ed57b521f918e8a023758413b9183056a69db3

I will take a look soon and correct it in Weblate if needed.

> Also, our Weblate translation platform should go live in the next two
> days. Then you'll need to decide whether you want to use it or stick
> to translating in Git. Once that's done, we may need to update the
> corresponding doc for your teams :)

We want to start using Weblate when it's ready and soon we should start
using Transifex for customs softwares. So I plan to make only one update
of our documentation.
Is there a documentation with the new translation workflow?

What happen to my last unmerged git branch (about 3.14.1 and 3.14.2
news)? It should be the very last one (except if we continue to
translate major release with git before the release, like we did for 3.0
and 3.12).

Cheers.
xin