Re: [Tails-ux] Greeter revamp: new prototype

Author: Alan
To: tails-ux
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Greeter revamp: new prototype
Hi,

Spencer <spencerone@???> wrote:
> Alan:
> > I published a 2nd version of the prototype. Check it!
>
> Looks good and you made some great designations!

Thanks! and thanks for your quick answer.

I pushed a few adjustments, but I still have questions, see below.

> > It's intended to solve the more urgent problems, and to be, with minor
> > modification if needed, the tested version for next week.
> >

> In addition to the text adjustments from another thread, let's:

I'm not sure I found all of them...

> - Title-case the parenthetical text.

Done.

> - De-emphasize the 'Back' Button in the Greeter's Action Bar (removing
> it will cause the dialog title to jump around horizontally).

I don't understand which button you're talking about. You mean the
putting the 'Back' button of the 'Add Privacy Setting' on the left?

> - Make 'Off' or 'Disabled' the default state of the network.

I don't agree, for the same reason as Lunar. This is not what our user
would expect. I think that our default choice should permit easy
connection to the Tor network.

> - Have the 'Back' and 'Add' buttons appear on load, or not appear upon
> selecting 'Back', as there is an inconsistency there. I favor maybe not
> having these at the list until Select Mode has been included.

I don't understand, please clarify!

> Also, sometimes clicking on 'MAC Spoofing' doesn't load the canvas,
> though sometimes it does load the Action Bar.

I fixed a bug that might have caused this.

> I might have overlooked it but where can I find info regarding this
> testing session?

I know someone proposed to do some user tests next week. I'm not sure
about more info yet, but I'll stay you tuned.

Cheers