Re: [Tails-ux] Greeter add privacy settings

Author: Alan
To: tails-ux
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Greeter add privacy settings
Hi,

Spencer <spencerone@???> wrote:
> > Alan:
> > Network Settings
> > ----------------
> >
> > I think we need to rename that "Network Connection" or something
> > similar as all of these are settings, so the word doesn't convey very
> > useful information.
>
> I am not sure where this label came from; I had 'Connection Settings'
> parenthetical to 'Network Configuration'. Maybe a typo on my part.

I may have mixed things, but I still doubt that "Connection Settings"
is a good name, as it's obvious that it's a setting, so this word is
useless. Plus the word "Network" is missing from the title while it
conveys the most interesting info. So I don't know what to do.

> > I'm really unsure as I find it less clear. I'll propose you a prototype
> > with my thought, but I'm open to change it later.
> >

> We could make 'Off' a radio dial, too, so there isn't one auto checked
> but ghosted. See here [0] for inspiration.

I think you forgot the link?

> > There is a problem, that we are in the process of
> > solving by improving the interface that will come *after* the greeter.
> >

> Where can I follow this development?

I was thinking about the discussion on this list:

https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-ux/2015-October/000659.html

Cheers