Re: [More-than-a-BSP] Registration requests: summary & next …

Author: intrigeri
To: more-than-a-bsp
Subject: Re: [More-than-a-BSP] Registration requests: summary & next steps
More stats!

Attendees per station:
{
bsp => 19,
bug_triaging => 21,
design => 11,
factotum => 1,
user_testing => 19
}

Number of stations per attendee:
{
0 => 1,
1 => 23,
2 => 18,
3 => 4
}

So, two things.

If we need to say "no" to some people, an additional criterion we
could use (on top of the "a mix of being part of an
under-represented/dominated group; travel cost (because sometimes it's
better to bring 2 people rather than 1); relevance to Debian (e.g.
specific skills, or highly motivated); how much sponsorship helps
attending / is needed" criterion we agreed upon for sponsorship
request) is the station they want to attend: e.g. we probably want to
accept most people interested in the design station, as they are not
too many; and we may want to double-check that people who want to
attend the bug triaging and BSP ones have the corresponding skills,
and then probably reject some people from these stations +
user testing.

And a lot of people registered for more than 1 station. It makes sense
somehow, as there are two days. But the idea of attending 3 stations
in 2 days makes me doubtful. It might be that some people registered
to too many stations because they don't quite know what they'll be
doing there, and this might be another (weak) criterion. I say weak
because I want to welcome people who'll wait and see where they can be
most useful to Debian, and I say criterion as if we have to reject
people, we should probably focus on those that have greater chances to
actually contribute.

Cheers!