[More-than-a-BSP] Registration requests: summary & next step…

Author: intrigeri
To: more-than-a-bsp
Subject: [More-than-a-BSP] Registration requests: summary & next steps
Hi,

so, the deadline for registrations is in a few hours.

Solveig & I were supposed to handle sponsorship requests, so I did
some stats. I'm including some of them below, along with some comments
and things we might want to discuss.

people
======

54 requests + 2 children (they're people too):

* ~50 people on Saturday
* ~50 people on Sunday

⇒ I'm told the room gets noisy with 20-30 people, but I find it hard
to say "no, you can't come" to anyone, so I guess we'll be packed and
will deal with the noise.

We can discuss this on Sunday during our meeting. We have relatively
good data that we can use if we want to decide who can come. And if
we're fine with 50 people we can just say "yes" to everyone.

under represented
=================

14 people claimed they were part of a social group that's currently
under-represented in Debian; that's 25% of registration requests.
It's not much, and at the same time it's a lot compared to other
Debian events. We could raise this number by refusing some people,
based on the criteria we've decided.

I bet that quite a few other people are actually part of such a social
group, but didn't know, didn't dare, or didn't want to claim it.

Other than that, AFAIK ~15 people are already contributing to Debian,
and ~40 people are not. IMO that's a fine ratio.

travel sponsorship
==================

Total:

* 17 people, only 3 of them are already Debian contributors
* 1620€

That's below our base budget for travel (2000€), so we're good!
We even have a little bit of margin that we can use for other expenses
(e.g. food) if needed.

accommodation
=============

Total:

* Friday night: 6
* Saturday night: 7
* Sunday night: 5

spriver & jvoisin: it's now time to match requests with offers!
See summary.mdwn and the data/ directory in the private Git repo, that
should be enough for you to identify who needs accommodation, and
when. Note that some of these attendees are already considering
renting a flat themselves (ask me if you need to know who, in case you
missed the corresponding email thread today), so you might want to
coordinate with them.