Re: [Tails-project] Redesign of the donate page

Author: sajolida
Subject: Re: [Tails-project] Redesign of the donate page
Thank you all for your constructive comments!

I'll answer everything here with a new branch and new screenshots.

1. Changed the buttons to purple. I tried green as well but I thought is
was too much (see attachment). One day we'll have a better color palette :(

2. Changed the smiley to purple.

3. Wrote a text for the left part, filling up the white space.
I actually wrote that a while ago and I thought I sent it to you in my
previous email but apparently I didn't...

4. Added the tweet about dancing. I didn't add the other suggestion by
DrWhax ("Tails enables journalists...") because I felt it was too
redundant with another one we already have ("I proudly support...").

5. Randomized the display of tweets using JavaScript (overkill!) so the
stats that we can do on their popularity are not biased by their order.

6. Combined DrWhax's suggestion for the introductory sentence with the
previous one. Now we have: "Show your friends that you care about
privacy and Internet freedom and encourage others to do the same!".

7. I didn't add a $43 because it's very close from $50 and I didn't have
data about whether the possible extra attractiveness for geeks would
overweight the extra space and looking weird to everybody else who
doesn't understand the insider's joke.

8. Display bitcoin address.

9. Regarding the financial reports, I'm not yet decided. On the one hand
I want to avoid as much as possible providing links outside of this
page: once people land on this page we want them to make a donation and
not jump elsewhere and forget to go back (you know how people browser
the web...). But that's also a legitimate information to have here... So
I thought about adding more info on the page itself, like a pie chart,
maybe in a toggle. See https://supporters.eff.org/donate/button. And
maybe also a link to the financial statements anyway but quite small then.

10. Added something about independence from government funding.

And the new screenshots are in attachment!