[Tails-ux] Greeter add privacy settings

Author: Spencer
To: tails-ux
Subject: [Tails-ux] Greeter add privacy settings
Hi,

> Alan:
> Couldn't we put "Add" at the top, as buttons of "Settings" - "Region &
> Language" - "Language" or of "Display" - [your display] ? I'm going
> to try that.

Action Bar, it seems, yeah? Then this will work best. I dislike the
Action Bar's handling of the label's placement, so am biased against it,
and tried to match existing dialogs in GNOME Tails but it wastes
vertical space.

> Sure we can't change 'Universal Access'...

No worries. I just think that things that look the same should function
the same, at least that is what is often expected.

> I don't know about which way you are thinking of. Universal access?

This [0] is a good and clear experience editing a setting. It is also
the inspiration behind 'Network Configuration' Greeter setting type
dialog.

> Currently GNOME folks are in the process of replacing small dialogs
> with popovers (e.g. see latest Files in 3.18).

Hmmm... Sounds like an issue to me, since task isolation is very
important :(

> Network Settings
> ----------------
>
> I think we need to rename that "Network Connection" or something
> similar as all of these are settings, so the word doesn't convey very
> useful information.

I am not sure where this label came from; I had 'Connection Settings'
parenthetical to 'Network Configuration'. Maybe a typo on my part.

> I'm really unsure as I find it less clear. I'll propose you a prototype
> with my thought, but I'm open to change it later.

We could make 'Off' a radio dial, too, so there isn't one auto checked
but ghosted. See here [0] for inspiration.

> There is a problem, that we are in the process of
> solving by improving the interface that will come *after* the greeter.

Where can I follow this development?

> Let's try, but perhaps not for the prototype to be tested (not sure I
> have the time!).

No worries :)

Wordlife,
Spencer