Re: [Tails-dev] Tails Clock v0.3 - Update

Author: winterfairy
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails Clock v0.3 - Update
Kevin wrote:
> [1] http://kevin.c.krinke.ca/builds/tailsclock/tailsclock_0.3-1_all.deb

I tested simply installing this deb in a running Tails and adding the
applet to the panel.

I saw the following problems:
- Seconds are showing by default, eg "10.25.47".
The checkbox "Display seconds?" is not ticked however.
- The clock is not updated, it keeps displaying "10.25.47"
for a whole minute. Unless I tick the box "Display seconds?"
- Unticking the box again does not remove the seconds,
but stops the clock updating again.

Also, I am not certain what 12 hour clock is supposed to do? Shouldn't
that one write AM or PM or something like that, because it is not for me.
GNOME's default clock applet doesn't even allow me to enable 12 hour
clock, it is always 24 hour clock, so I cannot compare.

My current locale is "LANG=sv_FI.UTF8".

Kevin wrote:
> * Test locales properly (need help with this! any volunteers?)
> * Translations? (used google translate so far for strings)

First, please move the "tailsclockapplet.pot" to "locale/", so it is not
inside the "en" folder. The pot file is also missing the strings "Tails
Clock" and "A simple GNOME panel applet clock." (for which I prefer
removing the final dot), "Preferences" and "About" (from the right-click
menu).

We use Transifex for translation.

Is this clock applet supposed to be a standalone deb, like now, or is it
supposed to be merged into the tails repository with all other tiny
utilities we have? intrigeri?

If standalone like now, we need to get Runa or someone to add a new
translation resource on Transifex for it. In this case, which repository
and which branch should we be tracking the pot file in?