Re: [Tails-dev] Tails Clock v0.3 - Update

Author: Kevin C. Krinke
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails Clock v0.3 - Update

On 2013-11-01 6:56 AM, winterfairy@??? wrote:

> I tested simply installing this deb in a running Tails and adding the
> applet to the panel.
>
> I saw the following problems:
>  - Seconds are showing by default, eg "10.25.47".
>    The checkbox "Display seconds?" is not ticked however.
>  - The clock is not updated, it keeps displaying "10.25.47"
>    for a whole minute. Unless I tick the box "Display seconds?"
>  - Unticking the box again does not remove the seconds,
>    but stops the clock updating again.

This is exactly what I needed help with in respect to locales. I'll fix
this shortly.

> Also, I am not certain what 12 hour clock is supposed to do? Shouldn't
> that one write AM or PM or something like that, because it is not for me.
> GNOME's default clock applet doesn't even allow me to enable 12 hour
> clock, it is always 24 hour clock, so I cannot compare.

Because your locale uses a different string format replacement, Tails
Clock was unable to modify the time displayed. Again, this will be fixed
immediately.

Would changing the label to read: "Display AM/PM time?" be suitable?

> My current locale is "LANG=sv_FI.UTF8".

Thanks! That helps.

> Kevin wrote:
>> * Test locales properly (need help with this! any volunteers?)
>> * Translations? (used google translate so far for strings)
>
> First, please move the "tailsclockapplet.pot" to "locale/", so it is not
> inside the "en" folder.

Done.

> The pot file is also missing the strings "Tails
> Clock" and "A simple GNOME panel applet clock." (for which I prefer
> removing the final dot), "Preferences" and "About" (from the right-click
> menu).

I've removed the period.

"Preferences" and "About" are using the stock GNOME items and so don't
need to be translated within Tails Clock itself.

> Is this clock applet supposed to be a standalone deb, like now, or is it
> supposed to be merged into the tails repository with all other tiny
> utilities we have? intrigeri?

As far as I know, it's built for Tails but is a stand-alone project.

> If standalone like now, we need to get Runa or someone to add a new
> translation resource on Transifex for it. In this case, which repository
> and which branch should we be tracking the pot file in?

tails@???:kevin/clock.git

The stable branch is "master".

--
Kevin C. Krinke <kevin@???>