Re: [Tails-l10n] Choosing between Git and Transifex per-lang…

Autor: Chris Doten
Para: Tails localization discussion
Asunto: Re: [Tails-l10n] Choosing between Git and Transifex per-language? [Was: rtl support]
I'd like to make a pitch for Transifex as the main path for
translation. All existing teams are used to Git, since they didn't
have any other way of doing it in the past, and are comfortable with
it.

If you want to grow the translation community, though, Git is a huge
bar. For example, NDI has a team of folks who would be happy to assist
with Farsi and Arabic and Russian (and maybe other languages.)
However, I'm never going to be able to get them to do it via Git. I'm
sure that's true for many other individuals who might happily clean up
some strings through a web interface but would be terrified of a PO
editor.

My $.02.

Chris