[Tails-l10n] Choosing between Git and Transifex per-language…

Autor: intrigeri
Para: tails-l10n, tails-l10n-pt-br
Temas antigos: Re: [Tails-l10n] rtl support
Asunto: [Tails-l10n] Choosing between Git and Transifex per-language? [Was: rtl support]
Hi,

Runa A. Sandvik wrote (25 Feb 2013 18:19:50 GMT) :
> On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 3:56 PM, intrigeri <intrigeri@???> wrote:
>> Runa, does this also mean that Transifex won't import updates from
>> improved PO files that we commit in Git? In other words, do we have to
>> choose between using either Transifex or Git, for a given project, as
>> a source of translation updates?

> Correct. Transifex will only import updates from the source file (the
> .pot file) that you commit in Git, other translations (new and
> existing ones) will have to be uploaded manually. You need to choose
> between using either Transifex or Git, using both can be tricky.

So it looks like every language team has to choose between:

  A. Using Git exclusively (and find a way to express to the Transifex
     users we can't directly talk to that they should not work on this
     language in Transifex -- or not care, and see them continuously
     do work we won't use ever)
  B. Using Transifex exclusively
  C. Using Git, merging to/from Transifex on a regular basis

What do the existing language teams think?