Re: [Tails-l10n] rtl support

Autor: Runa A. Sandvik
Para: intrigeri
CC: Tails localization discussion
Temas novos: [Tails-l10n] Choosing between Git and Transifex per-language? [Was: rtl support]
Asunto: Re: [Tails-l10n] rtl support
On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 3:56 PM, intrigeri <intrigeri@???> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

> (Runa: there's one question for you bellow, and I guess reading the
> first paragraph of mine should be enough to get the context.)
>
> hamahangi wrote (21 Feb 2013 19:28:18 GMT) :
>> the file on transifex was blank until i started, and the version on
>> the torproject gitweb is all me thanks to their cron job, but
>> i notice from browsing older posts to this list that someone (Eric
>> Smallberg et al.) actually made a persian translation of the
>> programs before, but only posted it to a dropbox account, then
>> supplied the link on this list.
>
>> i don't want to erase someone else's work, and there are some
>> aspects of that prior translation that are better than mine, so i'll
>> edit those into the transifex version.
>
> Yes, we've recently noticed that the Transifex / Git bridge that was
> kindly setup by Runa (Cc'd) for us apparently (sometimes?) does not
> automatically import existing translations from Git, and that some
> work that had already been done in Git had been re-done from scratch
> in Transifex. I see that importing existing translations is now
> documented [1] as a manual step, that perhaps has not been performed
> when initial adding tails-greeter to the Transifex setup. Sorry,
> hamahangi, about the extra work on your side.

I may have forgotten to upload existing translations when adding
tails-greeter to Transifex, sorry. Transifex does not import existing
translations from Git automatically, this is a manual step.

> Runa, does this also mean that Transifex won't import updates from
> improved PO files that we commit in Git? In other words, do we have to
> choose between using either Transifex or Git, for a given project, as
> a source of translation updates?

Correct. Transifex will only import updates from the source file (the
.pot file) that you commit in Git, other translations (new and
existing ones) will have to be uploaded manually. You need to choose
between using either Transifex or Git, using both can be tricky.

--
Runa A. Sandvik