Re: [Tails-dev] Tails 0.10 release plan

Autor: anonym
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails 0.10 release plan
11/28/2011 07:46 PM, intrigeri:
> Hi,
>
> I propose we (feature-)freeze a branch on December 18th, for preparing
> Tails 0.10 release. That's three weeks from now.

Sounds good!

> I believe this schedule would allow us to aim at releasing Tails 0.10
> at the end of the year, or early in January. I guess the next Firefox
> 3.x security updates round will happen until then; however, their
> schedule is less clear than it usually is, so we might eventually have
> to postpone our own release a bit.

Sure, but what exactly do you mean? As I understand it where gonna move
on to >3, so 3.x security updates only apply to a potential Tails 0.9.1, no?

> What do you think?

I'll focus on the following (including quoted ones):

- Update i2p.
- Fix bridge mode (it got broken after merging in tordate).

> - feature/more_languages: I don't remember why it was not merged yet

Before merging, are there any more languages we should include
(currently Russian, Farsi and Vietnamese).

>   - feature/no_transparent_proxy: needs some work, but I think we can
>     do it; no emergency, though.

I wasn't aware of any agreement on that we want this. However, I want
it, so I'll do this (+ update the design doc) unless someone objects.

> - feature/winxp_theme: needs discussion and decision, see the wiki

What about just merging it and consider it as a tech review? I might
have a look on a few of the bugs and stuff, but I don't think we should
implement the os-probe-based auto-selection yet.

Cheers!