[Tails-dev] Tails 0.10 release plan

Autor: intrigeri
Para: tails-dev
Asunto: [Tails-dev] Tails 0.10 release plan
Hi,

I propose we (feature-)freeze a branch on December 18th, for preparing
Tails 0.10 release. That's three weeks from now.

I believe this schedule would allow us to aim at releasing Tails 0.10
at the end of the year, or early in January. I guess the next Firefox
3.x security updates round will happen until then; however, their
schedule is less clear than it usually is, so we might eventually have
to postpone our own release a bit.

What do you think?

Candidates (feel free to add to the list!):

  - nautilus-wipe, unar, msn-pecan: mostly harmless, should easily go in
  - feature/more_languages: I don't remember why it was not merged yet
  - bugfix/replace_firegpg: needs some work, but I think it could go in
  - feature/ff4: needs a bit of work, but I think it could go in
  - feature/noscript: I think it's ready, please test.
  - feature/no_transparent_proxy: needs some work, but I think we can
    do it; no emergency, though.
  - feature/winxp_theme: needs discussion and decision, see the wiki
  - USB installer: may not be ready on time for the freeze, but who
    knows (remaining action items are in bertagaz' basket)
  - tails-greeter: unless someone decides to work hard on it, I don't
    think it will happen in Tails 0.10; tons of branches are waiting
    for it.

Speaking for myself, I think I'll focus on the Debian (nautilus-wipe,
unar, msn-pecan) and Iceweasel (remove FireGPG, encryption applet,
ship Iceweasel 8.x with NoScript) sides of things.

intrigeri <intrigeri@???>