Re: [Hackmeeting] Cloudflare vs DailyStormer

Author: Fabio Pietrosanti - Lists
To: hackmeeting
Subject: Re: [Hackmeeting] Cloudflare vs DailyStormer
“Protecting free speech is not something we do because we agree with all
of the speech that gets protected. We do it because we believe that no
one—not the government and not private commercial enterprises—should
decide who gets to speak and who doesn’t,” they continued. “We at EFF
defend the right of anyone to choose what speech they provide online;
platforms have a First Amendment right to decide what speech does and
does not appear on their platforms. That’s what laws like CDA 230 in the
United States enable and protect. But we strongly believe that what
GoDaddy, Google, and Cloudflare did here was dangerous.”

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2017/08/fighting-neo-nazis-future-free-expression