Re: [Occupyresearch] Getting Participants for OWS Survey

Author: Tristan Lear
To: List of the shared space for distributed research occupyresearch
Subject: Re: [Occupyresearch] Getting Participants for OWS Survey
I participate/d in Occupy Toledo and Occupy Tampa. It seems to me that
since the movement didn't really have "membership cards," that I found it
best to refer to myself, when asked once by the local media, as a
"participant." This lack of essential membership status I think did us a
lot of good in the long run, because when you get language out of the way,
it looks to me like what we once considered Occupy Tampa "working groups"
have transformed into several loose knit mutually affiliated autonomous
groups with a lot of overlapping participation. For example, I would
include all these as catalyzed by OT:

Tampa IWW
Tampa Food Not Bombs
Tampa Chelsea Manning Support Group