Re: [Occupyresearch] Getting Participants for OWS Survey

Author: Aaron Kreider
To: occupyresearch
Subject: Re: [Occupyresearch] Getting Participants for OWS Survey
1. I'm not sure that is valuable focussing so much attention on the
Occupy Movement.

2. Interview activists. Many of them will have been in the short-lived
Occupy Movement.

In Philadelphia, the occupy movement is mostly dead (though the
language/messaging isn't) - well other than the weekly email that goes
out about upcoming non-occupy/general activist events. So why beat a
dead horse? But we've still got a very vibrant collection of movements
happening. Some new ones that were spawned by the Occupy Movement, but
frankly 90% of them pre-date it.

If I were doing research I might look into some newer movements, like
the Public Bank movement (Philadelphia is trying to get one). Or in
Philadelphia the major campaign is for the public schools (school
closures, massive state funding cuts, a strong coalition against the
cuts, privization, lack of democracy, etc).

Aaron