Re: [lime] How to test limeapp development versions

Autore: Selan Kon
To: libremesh
Oggetto: Re: [lime] How to test limeapp development versions

pony via LibreMesh:
> On Wednesday, 21 February 2024 17:02:14 CET Selan Kon via LibreMesh wrote:
>>
>> Selan Kon via LibreMesh:
>>>
>>> - Why the artifact are still the same?
>>
>> Hi, I found the error and merged the fix.
>>
>> You can try the artifact now!
>>
>> https://github.com/libremesh/lime-app/actions/runs/7991410648/artifacts/1263346263
>>

> I installed lime-app built from pull 388 on 4 different devices (redmi-router-ax6s, re650, mr70x, archer-c6-v3) and tested them. Here is what I observed:
> - On all 4 devices, on the landing page, nothing is shown below the heading "Wired connections".

FIXED

> - The menu is on the left side, while the button to open it is on the right, making me move the mouse quite long distances. Also the menu covers 4/5 of the area, while being mostly empty. I think it would be nice to switch to desktop mode when the window width exceeds a certain value. For example, this website does this quite nice: https://www.open-mesh.org/projects/batman-adv/wiki/Wiki .

TODO but not for this release imo

> - I still have https://github.com/libremesh/lime-app/issues/397 .

FIXED

> - On /app/#/align it is stuck at "Fetching name..." for the single node that is listed there. This happens only on c6 and mr70x. When I click on "Fetching name..." the URL changes to /app/#/align-single/wlan0-mesh/36:60:F9:2A:2C:13 and the app gets completely unresponsive, until I manually put a different URL. I don't know if it is the source of data, but I checked /var/shared-state/data/nodes_and_links.json and it contains the associated router with the relevant mac address.

FIXED, but we suspect that there are a problem on the lime packages, we
are seeking it. But atm the app don't get stucked there if something is
wrong on lime packages.

> - When I'm logged in and click on "Access Vouchers" in the menu, the app is unresponsive until I manually enter a different URL.

FIXED

> - The route on /app/#/metrics and on the landing page shows an outdated result for 10 min or so after the route has changed.
> All of this except the wired connections on the landing page I also observed on the develop branch.
> I hope this helps and I hope it's okay that I did not make a github issue for each.

TODO but not for this release imo

> Liebst
> Pony

Hi!

I added OWRT 23 support for DSA eth and fixed multiple issues. The new
landing should work properly with last lime packages version.

If anybody wants to try and give feedback!

I am not pretty sure about the layout design, ideas welcome!