Re: [lime] How to test limeapp development versions

Autore: pony
Oggetto: Re: [lime] How to test limeapp development versions
On Wednesday, 21 February 2024 17:02:14 CET Selan Kon via LibreMesh wrote:

> Selan Kon via LibreMesh:
> >
> > - Why the artifact are still the same?
>
> Hi, I found the error and merged the fix.
>
> You can try the artifact now!
>
> https://github.com/libremesh/lime-app/actions/runs/7991410648/artifacts/1263346263

I installed lime-app built from pull 388 on 4 different devices (redmi-router-ax6s, re650, mr70x, archer-c6-v3) and tested them. Here is what I observed:
- On all 4 devices, on the landing page, nothing is shown below the heading "Wired connections".
- The menu is on the left side, while the button to open it is on the right, making me move the mouse quite long distances. Also the menu covers 4/5 of the area, while being mostly empty. I think it would be nice to switch to desktop mode when the window width exceeds a certain value. For example, this website does this quite nice: https://www.open-mesh.org/projects/batman-adv/wiki/Wiki .
- I still have https://github.com/libremesh/lime-app/issues/397 .
- On /app/#/align it is stuck at "Fetching name..." for the single node that is listed there. This happens only on c6 and mr70x. When I click on "Fetching name..." the URL changes to /app/#/align-single/wlan0-mesh/36:60:F9:2A:2C:13 and the app gets completely unresponsive, until I manually put a different URL. I don't know if it is the source of data, but I checked /var/shared-state/data/nodes_and_links.json and it contains the associated router with the relevant mac address.
- When I'm logged in and click on "Access Vouchers" in the menu, the app is unresponsive until I manually enter a different URL.
- The route on /app/#/metrics and on the landing page shows an outdated result for 10 min or so after the route has changed.
All of this except the wired connections on the landing page I also observed on the develop branch.
I hope this helps and I hope it's okay that I did not make a github issue for each.

Liebst
Pony