Re: [lime] Next community meeting: 2 dic

Author: cri
To: libremesh
Subject: Re: [lime] Next community meeting: 2 dic

On 01/12/23 18:19, Ilario via LibreMesh wrote:
> Reminder!!
> Tomorrow (Saturday the 2nd of December 2023) there will be a project
> meeting!!
>
> It will start at 13:00 UTC (14:00 CET, 10:00 ART).
>
> Main link for the audiocall: https://jitsi.unp.edu.ar/LibreMesh
> Fallback link: https://meet.guifi.net/LibreMesh
>
> Pad link, for proposing topics and logging discussions:
> https://pad.cas.cat/LibreMesh_meetup_2024
> see the dates of the next scheduled meetings here:
> https://libremesh.org/communication.html#online_meetings

yes! happen :)

here our record:
https://pad.cas.cat/LibreMesh_meetup_2024#Saturday-the-2th-of-December-2023-at-1300-UTC-1400-CET-1000-ART

I paste also at the bottom of the email.

we approved the new version of the website and the new name for the
release :)
we was not so many, so we ask to give your opinion also in mailinglist,
thanks. Or say something if there are doubts.

The next meeting:

Thursday 4th of January 2024 at 13:00 UTC (14:00 CET, 10:00 ART).

cheers Cris
________________

Saturday the 2th of December 2023 at 13:00 UTC (14:00 CET, 10:00 ART).

People:
Cri, Chris

Welcome Chris, he is a Linux System Administrator from Minnesota, U.S.A
Cri shared documentation from antennine network

     website

we have the possibility to keep the same structure of the old website:
jeckyll + ascii-doc but with a different theme: this is good because the
content input can be txt file, and we reuse txt file to put the doc in
the firmware and be readable by browser.

Cris: I’m happy that we keep the old habits about the structure of the
content, but with this restyl we move in a more fashionable shape. And I
think is motivating also to update the documentation :) that probably
the next work that we have to do… for the new year
Chris: I think the new theme looks nice. (But I am not a designer)

From this assembly the opinion looks positive to the merge of the “new
restyle” of the website. we wait a week to see reaction in mailinglist,
and after I(Cris) can accept merge request.

     testing

two people answered to this call
https://lists.autistici.org/message/20231101.163202.5a0742ed.en.html
I, Cris, think that both are trustable people… I expected that some of
them come to this meeting, but this not happen.

Scenarios to check:

     checking if the internet connection internet1 goes down, if the wifi
     clients (common AP name) still have connection
     checking if the internet connection internet2 goes down, if the wifi
     clients (common AP name) still have connection
     checking if the internet connection internet1 goes down, if the cabled
     clients (on dual_band#2) still have connection
     checking if the internet connection internet2 goes down, if the cabled
     clients (on dual_band#2) still have connection
     checking roaming, e.g. with an audio call
     define exactly how router wire to router is connected: LAN to LAN with
     mesh configuration e.g.

https://github.com/libremesh/network-profiles/tree/master/calafou#lime-community-configuration-3

Pony proposal and devices:
https://lists.autistici.org/message/20231126.160655.2b35dc1f.en.html
Cris: good point that the decvices are with DSA… not clear “None of them
are running babeld though” and not clear if this is give problem to
test, for example the first 2 scenarios:

Hiure https://lists.autistici.org/message/20231106.130003.64e0e1be.en.html
Cris: Good point is that can have a test in a real infrastructure. I
would like know if the devices are with DSA or not…

we can wait answer in the mailinglist, if is present DSA on the devices
is better to test because is one of the new feature present in openwrt22
and 23.

     Name of the new release:

Gio proposed Fantastic Forwarder
https://lists.autistici.org/message/20231027.124816.b94a37d1.en.html

For this assembly the name sounds good!

     GSoC2024

we just introduced the topics… we are happy to listen proposals in the
next weeks in the mailinglist.
the last year with the opportunity and money (circa 3k euro) from th
GSoC we wrote Ansible roles to automated the build of the Libremesh
release candidate. and this was really good for the Libremesh project.
So lets go to think something of improving for the next year. The work
will be done in summer 2024 and we need also 2 people that apply as Mentor.
we can propose probably 2 projects… but all the year depend from
freifunk and google how many project can be really realized.

Topics:

     Assign the work-grant for testing the release candidate
     Website restyling, e.g. https://libremesh.antennine.campiinrete.org
     Next release name
     GSoC2024

we finish meeting at 15:16 (14:16 UTC)