Re: [Tails-testers] 5.8~beta1 report

Author: k9glrflkhvubl7qe
To: tails-testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] 5.8~beta1 report
> Thanks a lot for taking the time to test Tails 5.8~beta1 and report.

You're welcome, I really appreciate the work you and other developers put
into Tails so at least now I was able to do something for you.

> Can you tell more? What makes this problematic. On my machine Tor
> Browser fits in width, so that's fine.

I'm one of those people who still use Tor Browser unmaximized and on beta
version of Tails, the Tor Browser has the same width (as on Xorg) but
different height (than on Xorg). I'm not able to do any tests for now but
I'm pretty sure it impacts fingerprint and thus the website could tell the
difference between user who uses stable release of Tails with Xorg and
user who uses beta release with Wayland because of the difference in
default height of Tor Browser window. Such information could be valueable
to the attacker because it's much easier to exploit Xorg than Wayland. I'm
not sure if users who use Tor Browser maximized would be impacted though
because letterboxing should cause the resolution to be the same in both
cases.

> I could reproduce this pretty reliably, so I created an issue to track
> this:
> https://gitlab.tails.boum.org/tails/tails/-/issues/19288

Thank you for taking the time to reproduce this issue.