Re: [Tails-dev] Proposal: migrate our public chat rooms to a…

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Proposal: migrate our public chat rooms to another friendly XMPP server (#17956)
Hi,

ignifugo (2021-07-30):

>> a. start testing disroot.org chat rooms

The current results of these tests are: tails-dev works, tails does not.

I'd rather not take the risk to end up with "tails-dev" on one server,
and "tails" on another one ⇒ I would prefer we don't migrate tails-dev
before we successfully complete step (a) of your proposal.

>> b. ask them about their future plans. I can do that.

For the record, ignifugo reported about this on
https://gitlab.tails.boum.org/tails/tails/-/issues/17956#note_174419 :
"they say that want support xmmp sure for the next 2 years"

>> By next week, or shortly after, we'll draw a conclusion. If both (a) and
>> (b) are good, then disroot.org will be the winner!

I'll mark your MR !547 as a draft since (a) was not successfully
completed yet, as far as I know.

Cheers!