Re: [Tails-dev] Proposal: migrate our public chat rooms to a…

Author: ignifugo
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Proposal: migrate our public chat rooms to another friendly XMPP server (#17956)

On 22/07/21 16:43, boyska wrote:
> We can do those in parallel:
>
> a. start testing disroot.org chat rooms. intrigeri, can you be the one
>    creating the chat rooms?
>
> b. ask them about their future plans. I can do that.
>
> By next week, or shortly after, we'll draw a conclusion. If both (a)
> and (b) are good, then disroot.org will be the winner!
>
> As for timings: the deadline of August 1 is approaching. It's a hard
> deadline, meaning that the server will be shut down after that. But is
> not as hard in terms of the consequences for the Tails project: one
> week without public channel is not the end of the world.

great!

 I checked their agreement, speaking with them here (for 6 month you
can see the conversation)

disroot@???

They are really quick to answer there! Congratulations.

So I prepare the pull request for the website, for this public channel:

https://search.jabber.network/search?q=tails-dev

I read the problems on the channel "tails"... hum.. I try to ask them to
resolve.

hugs ignifugo