[Tails-project] GitLab is now in production

Author: intrigeri
New-Topics: [Tails-project] back-and-forth amendments on a single issue [was: GitLab is now in production], [Tails-dev] how to replace "Core Work" views? [was: GitLab is now in production]
Subject: [Tails-project] GitLab is now in production
Hi!

This was announced to core contributors last week, let's now make this
official: we've switched to GitLab!

Table of contents
=================

- What was migrated
- What you should do now
- Known issues
- Where to ask questions and report problems

What was migrated
=================

We have migrated:

- all information that previously lived on Redmine,
such as issues, milestones, and user accounts

- many, but not all, of our Git repositories

What you should do now
======================

To follow the transition instructions, see:

https://tails.boum.org/contribute/working_together/GitLab/transition/

The documentation about how we use GitLab starts there:

https://tails.boum.org/contribute/working_together/GitLab/

Known issues
============

- Updates to repositories used to build our website (tails.git and
any of its underlay repositories, such as mirror-pool.git) are not
automatically propagated to our production website. Only sysadmins
can manually propagate such updates.

So far I've been synchronizing tails.git's master branch to our
production website at least once a day. If you need anything beyond
that, ask me or tails-sysadmins@???.

- Our translation platform is not integrated with GitLab yet.

Where to ask questions and report problems

There are most certainly some rough edges, confusion, and bugs caused
by this migration, so:

- If you have questions or trouble with the new *workflow*, please
either email <tails-dev@???> or attend one of the two "Ask Me
Anything" sessions I'll host on the tails-dev XMPP chatroom:

    - Wednesday, June 3, 11:00-12:00 CEST
    - Thursday, June 4, 16:00-17:00 CEST

- If you encounter *bugs* in the GitLab setup or *security issues*,
please instead email <tails-sysadmins@???>.

Thanks for your patience,
cheers,