Re: [Tails-testers] Nvidia Pascal no longer loads gdm

Author: intrigeri
To: Soul Null, tails-testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] Nvidia Pascal no longer loads gdm
Hi,

thank you for this report. Some questions below.

Soul Null:
> 3.8 loaded x and ran stable,

Without adding any startup option on the kernel command line?
That's interesting. I would love to see a bug report sent with
WhisperBack from Tails 3.8 running on this hardware.

> if poorly. 3.9 rc1 does not. It tries a few times and errors out.

Ouch!

> Noaccel does not work, but modeset=0 does

OK, this is good to know: it's the workaround we already document.

> Card is a GTX 1070 ti.
> More than happy to grab logs or run diagnostics if you tell me where
> to look.

Could you please follow the debugging instructions on
https://tails.boum.org/support/known_issues/graphics/ so I get enough
info to document the workaround that works for this card and
investigate this further?

> Any help you can provide is appreciated, and any help I can provide
> is absolutely welcome, so don't hesitate to ask. Will do what I can.

:)

Cheers!