Re: [Tails-testers] Nvidia Pascal no longer loads gdm

Author: Soul Null
To: tails-testers@boum.org
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] Nvidia Pascal no longer loads gdm
I will grab this and report back in a bit. I'm on an LTE connection, so it takes a bit.. But once I can get it flashed and tested I can report back. Longshot you'll see this before I test, but do you want any whisperbacks with any of these? I will assume no, and simply report what happens in as much detail as possible with each parameter. I'm sure if something stands out you'll ask for a whisperback, and of course I'll be happy to oblige.29.08.2018, 03:12, "intrigeri" <intrigeri@???>:Hi Soul Null,I've prepared a branch that reverts to the version of the nouveaudriver shipped in Tails 3.8. Within ~1 hour there should be anexperimental ISO image ready for your testing there:https://nightly.tails.boum.org/build_Tails_ISO_bugfix-15833-revert-to-stretch-nouveau-driver/lastSuccessful/archive/build-artifacts/Please test it: - without changing anything to the kernel command line - adding modeset=0 - adding nouveau.modeset=0 - adding nouveau.noaccel=1 - adding live-config.xorg-driver=modesettingThanks in advance!Cheers,-- intrigeri