Re: [Tails-testers] Nvidia Pascal no longer loads gdm

Author: Soul Null
To: tails-testers@boum.org
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] Nvidia Pascal no longer loads gdm
3:30 AM, August 20, 2018, intrigeri <intrigeri@???>:Hi,thank you for this report. Some questions below.Soul Null: 3.8 loaded x and ran stable,Without adding any startup option on the kernel command line?That's interesting. I would love to see a bug report sent withWhisperBack from Tails 3.8 running on this hardware.Will do this tonight. And correct, no kernel params. Ran fine out of the box. Ran best with 1080p at 120hz (though with massive tearing. Even detected my display by name and everything). At 4k (the default in settings) it fell back to 30hz and scrolling was unbearable. Didn't seem very accelerated at 4k, but desktop effects were present. Tested a 1080p YouTube video at one point in 3.8 and it played just fine at 1080p, but same video when in 4k mode was a slideshow. Seemed like there may have been limited acceleration at 1080p, but not 4k... If this info is at all useful.>Could you please follow the debugging instructions onhttps://tails.boum.org/support/known_issues/graphics/ so I get enoughinfo to document the workaround that works for this card andinvestigate this further?I'll have this for you hopefully tonight. Any help you can provide is appreciated, and any help I can provide is absolutely welcome, so don't hesitate to ask. Will do what I can.:)Cheers!-- Sent from Yandex.Mail for mobile