Re: [Tails-testers] Veracrypt PIM and PKCS in Tails

Author: segfault
To: alanhiew
CC: tails-testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] Veracrypt PIM and PKCS in Tails
Hi,

Alan Hiew:
> I tried to use Tails Betta with Veracrypt support. But I couldn't mount
> a hidden Veracrypt volume with specified Volume PIM and PKCS-5 PRF.

Specifying the PIM will only be supported in Tails 4.0. If you are
interested in the details: The PIM setting is only supported in
cryptsetup since cryptsetup version 2.0. Tails is currently based on
Debian Stretch, which ships cryptsetup 1.7.3. So the PIM will be
supported when Tails is based on Debian Buster (i.e. Tails 4.0).

> In Veracrypt itself I can mount it, but in VeraCrypt integrated in
> Tails is no Volume PIM and PKCS-5 PRF options. And volume created with
> these can't be unlocked by correct password only...

Yes, I'm sorry that you won't be able to use the new VeraCrypt support
with your volume until Tails 4.0.

> Another question. Will creating of VeraCrypt volumes be possible?

No, there are currently no plans to support creating VeraCrypt volumes.

Cheers!