Re: [Tails-dev] On re-entry of I2P into Tails

Author: intrigeri
To: Masayuki Hatta
CC: tails-dev
New-Topics: Re: [Tails-dev] On re-entry of I2P into Tails
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] On re-entry of I2P into Tails
Hi,

Masayuki Hatta:
> I am a Debian Developer.

Another Debian (+ Tails) developer speaking. Small world, uh :)

> Recently I uploaded I2P for Debian, […]

I've noticed this and I'm very grateful someone eventually tackled
this.

> I understand the previous (unofficial) Debian maintainer suddenly
> disappeared last year, and as a result I2P had been removed, not a
> part of Tails anymore. But I'd like to see I2P in Tails again since
> Tails is an important and major platform for privacy-savvy users.

> I think I2P itself has been steadily improved, and I have a good
> relationship with the I2P upstream. Also my packages are in a
> reasonably good quality (well, at least lintian-free). I'll take care
> of those packages as much as I'm involved with Debian.

By the way, what's your plan regarding stable releases, starting with
Buster? (Last time I checked, I2P had no maintenance/LTS release
branch so I don't know how severe bugs, network compatibility updates,
and security issues can easily be fixed in a frozen Debian stable.)

> So what can I do to make I2P a part of Tails again? I know Debian
> things quite well, but I should say I don't know at all about Tails.
> But I can learn ;-) I appreciate if you would kindly tell me the next
> step.

When we've removed I2P we've tried to document this on
https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/12264.

Regarding how to contribute to Tails, see
https://tails.boum.org/contribute/how/code/