Re: [Tails-dev] On re-entry of I2P into Tails

Author: Masayuki Hatta
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] On re-entry of I2P into Tails
Hi!

Until recently, some other commitments prevented me from working on
Tails (sorry for 8 months delay since 34C3!), but now I'd like to
resume my effort to re-integrate I2P into Tails.

I got two questions -- both must be quite basic and stupid, but I
appreciate if you could tell me or point me to the relevant
references. Thanks!

1. Git(Lab) work flow

I made a GitLab account, forked Tails/tails repo. Now I made
Tails/tails as upstream and sync'd them well.

$ git clone git@???:masayukihatta/tails.git
$ git remote add upstream git@???:Tails/tails.git
$ git fetch upstream; git merge upstream/master

Then, I think I should work on devel branch. The question is, how to
do? I know there are tons of documents about it, but I'm not sure
what to do (I'm using Git/GitHub regularly, but still I should say
quite a newbie...)

I do

$ git checkout --track upstream/devel

But git fetch or such doesn't really follow the upstream changes.

2. Testing environment

I could build the current Tails and produce ISO image. I can run it
on USB sticks. It's okay, but a bit tiresome. Is there an
established good practice to run/test Tails on VM or such?

Best regards,
MH

--
Masayuki Hatta
Associate Professor, Faculty of Economics and Management, Surugadai

http://about.me/mhatta

mhatta@??? / mhatta@??? / mhatta@??? /
hatta.masayuki@???