Re: [Tails-dev] live-persist: load kernel command line befor…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] live-persist: load kernel command line before calling Cmdline_old()
Hi patapon,

patapon:
> This is my first message on this list. I hope I'm doing this right :)

Welcome here! You did this right :)

> I've noticed that, in the /usr/local/sbin/live-persist script (l.517),
> the function Cmdline_old() (from /lib/live/boot/9990-cmdline-old in
> the live-boot package) was called but that the variable
> LIVE_BOOT_CMDLINE it uses to get the actual kernel command line was
> unset.

Your analysis seems entirely correct to me. Now I wonder: why do we
need to call Cmdline_old at all? Is it so that live-boot functions
get_custom_mounts() honor custom arguments a user may have manually
passed on the kernel command line? Could you provide any example
of such an argument we may wish to support actively in Tails?