Re: [Tails-l10n] Spanish translation passed 50% of all websi…

Author: sajolida
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Spanish translation passed 50% of all website
Joaquín Serna:
> For a few months the spanish translation team has been silently
> translating Tails website with the Weblate platform
> (https://translate.tails.boum.org/). Emmapeel, cacukin and myself (among
> others) have almost finished translating the core pages and I hope we
> will finish it among the next weeks.
>
> Acording to the Weblate stats of the different languages translations
> (https://translate.tails.boum.org/projects/tails/#languages) we have
> translated more than 50% of the whole website.

Wow, so impressive! I knew you were silently working on this but I
didn't know it was ready to be published! Congrats!

> Yet in the Tails website, it doesn't appear the Spanish translation
> available. Please tell me if there are another importante pages needing
> to be translated apart from the core pages so I can get to it!

I'd be very happy to help you get Spanish activated on our website.
The criteria we have for activation is to have 25% of core pages
translated so I guess you are there already.

What I would need before I start working on activating Spanish is:

- A Git branch that is based on a recent version of our master branch.

- Some stats on the percentage of core pages translated. You should
calculate these stats once you have a branch (previous point).
See wiki/src/contribute/l10n_tricks/language_statistics.sh.

I can also do the calculation myself once you sent me a Git branch.

- Some clarification on the peer review mechanism that you have in your
team. Is there some review mechanism built in Weblate? If so how does
it work?