Re: [Tails-l10n] Spanish translation passed 50% of all websi…

Author: u
To: tails-l10n, bubuanabelas
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Spanish translation passed 50% of all website
Hi!

Joaquín Serna:
> For a few months the spanish translation team has been silently
> translating Tails website with the Weblate platform
> (https://translate.tails.boum.org/). Emmapeel, cacukin and myself (among
> others) have almost finished translating the core pages and I hope we
> will finish it among the next weeks.
>
> Acording to the Weblate stats of the different languages translations
> (https://translate.tails.boum.org/projects/tails/#languages) we have
> translated more than 50% of the whole website.
>
> Yet in the Tails website, it doesn't appear the Spanish translation
> available. Please tell me if there are another importante pages needing
> to be translated apart from the core pages so I can get to it!

Thanks for your great work!

We currently do not have a mechanism to integrate new languages
automatically. We have received a grant to work on this though, and I
plan to have this working in early summer 2018.

In the meantime, one of us would need to add the Spanish translation
manually and this will break the translation platform's Git repository.
It's something like a day of work one of us needs to do in their free
time. I'd be happy to do it before the end of the year. We could have
this done before Christmas :) But I will have to synchronize with
emmapeel so that we/she can repair the translation platform's Git
repository once I merge the Spanish translation into our master branch.

@emmapeel: some time during the first week of December - would you be
available?

Cheers!
u.