Re: [Tails-dev] intrigeri vs. Tails Redmine

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] intrigeri vs. Tails Redmine
intrigeri:
> anonym wrote (05 Feb 2016 13:02:57 GMT) :
>> Could you please clarify what you mean here? Obviously it's not
>> sustainable to rely on a single person (you) following all of Redmine,
>> but in order to not have tickets be forgotten or go unnoticed, we need
>> some processes and tools to deal with it instead. I assume this is what
>> you are getting at, and that you already has some ideas for it. Please
>> share!
>
> It's indeed a class of problems we'll need to solve. But no, I wasn't
> getting at this. And I don't want to be the one who leads the effort
> on this front.

Understood. I'm personally in favor of testing having no complete
tracking of Redmine for some time and advertising it. I think this will
bring in a more healthy culture for regular contributors.

Then if we realize this is really problematic (for example towards new
tickets, new contributors mishandling metadata, etc.) then we can
consider having a collective effort for tracking everything again. But I
feel this would be better discussed at a summit maybe.

> My point was rather about solving problems like "I would like to track
> all changes made to tickets that are in the 'Test suite' category",
> without anyone having to manually add me to the list of watchers.

+1