Re: [Tails-dev] intrigeri vs. Tails Redmine

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] intrigeri vs. Tails Redmine
anonym wrote (05 Feb 2016 13:02:57 GMT) :
> intrigeri:
>>  * when you need my input on a ticket: assign it to me, ask me the
>>    question you want me to answer, and state what I should do once
>>    I've replied (re-assign to you? to someone else? etc.); ideally,
>>    someone else could also provide this input ⇒ add them as a watcher,
>>    or consider assigning to them instead :)

> Always having to state this seems unnecessary and prone to just add
> overhead and verboseness. IMHO the default action after answering to an
> "Info needed" is to restore the previous assignee and QA Status => Dev
> needed, or similar -- the important thing is that the assignee is
> restored, so the "responsibility" for tracking the ticket is transferred.

OK.

>> That's not all. I'll still need to follow changes to subsets of our
>> Redmine. I don't know for sure since I've not clearly identified my
>> needs ye, but I guess I'll have to improve our Redmine toolbox to make
>> this possible. I suspect that some of you are in the same situation.
>> Tell me your needs (privately or on some dedicated blueprint) and I'll
>> try to take them into account while looking for solutions to mine.

> Could you please clarify what you mean here? Obviously it's not
> sustainable to rely on a single person (you) following all of Redmine,
> but in order to not have tickets be forgotten or go unnoticed, we need
> some processes and tools to deal with it instead. I assume this is what
> you are getting at, and that you already has some ideas for it. Please
> share!

It's indeed a class of problems we'll need to solve. But no, I wasn't
getting at this. And I don't want to be the one who leads the effort
on this front.

My point was rather about solving problems like "I would like to track
all changes made to tickets that are in the 'Test suite' category",
without anyone having to manually add me to the list of watchers.