[Tails-dev] ebuild for tails-installer

Author: Miguel Angel Marco Buzunariz
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] ebuild for tails-installer
Good news!

Poncho merged my pull requests in his torbrowser overlay. He also improved my ebuild a bit. That means that option 2) of what I mentioned in my previous email should "just work".

So now, a gentoo user that wants to get tails-installer just needs to do the following:

first, install the layman tool to manage overlays (if it is not already installed):

$ emerge layman

then pull the torbrowser overlay (if it is not installed already):

$ layman -a torbrowser

finally, just the usual installation:

$ emerge tails-installer

Deppending on the user configuration, the system might complain about the package not being marked as stable. In that case, add a line like

=app-misc/tails-installer-4.4.7

to the file /etc/portage/packages.keywords
(again, deppending on the user configuration, the emerge command itself could offer the option of doing this automatically).

If you want to include this information in the web page, and need some further explanations, please contact me.

However, I think roght now it would be better to wait and see if Austin English can manage to include the ebuild in the main portage tree, which would make the process even simpler.

Best,

Miguel Marco