[Tails-ux] Encrypted Storage

Author: spencerone
To: tails-ux
Subject: [Tails-ux] Encrypted Storage
Hi,

Attached[0] is the updated Encrypted Storage flow. We still could
discuss the emphasis treatments. I included a way to show passphrase
and relock storage, should these be technically okay.

>>> Lunar:
>>> It think the passphrase field should entirely disappear once the
>>> storage
>>> is unlocked. There's no going back and nothing more to enter.
>>>

> Spencer:
> Disappearing content is not so good, but I agree with the logic behind
> the change of states since we are allowing configuring/unlocking of
> storage without starting Tails; there needs to be confirmation
> feedback.

I still stand behind disappearing content being a bad move, however, in
the case of 'Save Language Settings', or 'Show Passphrase', we might
prefer grayed-out text as a permanent stand-in.

>>> I'm confused about the meaning of the enable switch in your visuals.
>>> Could you explain the intent?
>>>

>> Alan:
>> None, there was a misunderstanding.
>>
>> I'd like to add that when the storage is unlocked, then we should
>> present a configuration button instead if the unlock controls.

I don't understand this. Given that [State = Button Text]:

Locked ='Configure Encrypted Storage'
Unlocked = 'Unlock'

Is this what you meant?

Wordlife,