[Tails-ux] Encrypted Storage

Author: spencerone
To: tails-ux
Subject: [Tails-ux] Encrypted Storage
Hi,

>> Lunar:
>> The passphrase field should be grayed out while unlocking is performed
>> as
>> modifying its content is meaningless.
>>

> Alan:
> +1, and a progress spinner [3] should be displaid.

Awesome, I will swap out the existing spinner for the appropriate one
and add some de-emphasizing contrast treatment appropriate to GNOME3.

>> It think the passphrase field should entirely disappear once the
>> storage
>> is unlocked. There's no going back and nothing more to enter.
>>
> +1

Disappearing content is not so good, but I agree with the logic behind
the change of states since we are allowing configuring/unlocking of
storage without starting Tails; there needs to be confirmation feedback.

Other thoughts on a resolution is welcome!

>> I'm confused about the meaning of the enable switch in your visuals.
>> Could you explain the intent?
>>

> None, there was a misunderstanding.
>
> I'd like to add that when the storage is unlocked, then we should
> present a configuration button instead if the unlock controls.

Unlocking/Enabling Storage to then input passphrase to then configure or
unlock Storage is an extra step. I am all for the single button!

Wordlife,
Spencer