Re: [Tails-l10n] [merge][fr] Re: Review of the translations …

Author: intrigeri
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] [merge][fr] Re: Review of the translations made by Mercedes508
elouann wrote (31 Jul 2015 17:42:30 GMT) :
> Here is the situation:

> * from the branch elouann/translation:
>     git fetch elouann translation
>     git checkout -b fr-solve-conflicts elouann/translation

> * pull from master
>     git pull origin master
>   this returns indeed tons of conflicts.

> * install meld
>     # apt-get install meld
>   meld is a tool to compare files. Really usefull in that case.

> * git mergetool
> This opens each problematic file in meld. Local version should be on
> the left, remote on the right. Merge in the middle, save, then exit meld.

And then, what did you do to add/commit the resulting files?

> Two problems I stumbled upon:

> * after merging each file and after commiting, I tried to pull again
> from origin/master. The very same conflicts appeared again.

Can you please share (push) the branch you have after committing your
merge, so one can try to understand what went wrong?

> * resolving the conflicts this way mixes up *in a single commit* the
> modifications made during the conflict-merge and *all* the
> differences pulled from origin/master. This is not what we want, as
> this commit will be a pain to review. Unless I'm missing a secret
> git command.

I'm curious how you check/see that => please push the result of
your merge.

> I promise a thundering ovation (at least) to the One who will solve this
> tricky blocker.

That'll be you, possibly with some help :)