Re: [Tails-l10n] weblate update

Author: sajolida
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] weblate update
emmapeel:
> Thanks for the first round of inputs, the translation platform is
> working better now.
>
> [...]

I tested weblate quickly yesterday. As a disclaimer I have to say that
I'm not a translator and didn't check all features in details. I pretty
much liked what I saw. Still, I saw two major limitations that are worth
mentioning (and hopefully solved, maybe through some coding):

1. Browsing the PO files. Right now all PO files from the Git repo (321)
are displayed as a flat list and there is no way of knowing where the PO
file is on our website from the dashboard, nor to view together PO files
from a same section of the website. As this list will keep on growing by
several PO files each month (at least the report, the release notes) I
would find it quite important to be able to view them as a collapsible
tree structure.

2. Import of new PO files. New PO files are not imported automatically
by weblate. Same as before, we create several new PO files each month
and importing them manual will be boring and error prone. I think new PO
files on `master` should be imported automatically.

The good news is that weblate is Python/Django, upstream open to
improvements, and some of us knowledgeable about Django already :)