Re: [Tails-l10n] [dev-needed][fr] Re: Review of the translat…

Author: elouann
To: tails-l10n
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] [dev-needed][fr] Re: Review of the translations made by Mercedes508
Hi intrigeri, hi all,

some progress was done:

the branch now merges perfectly with origin/master, so hopefully the
only problem left is this one:

> > * resolving the conflicts this way mixes up *in a single commit* the
> > modifications made during the conflict-merge and *all* the
> > differences pulled from origin/master. This is not what we want,
> > as this commit will be a pain to review. Unless I'm missing a secret
> > git command.
>
> I'm curious how you check/see that => please push the result of
> your merge.

I pushed in the branch elouann/fr-solve-conflicts.

See below for more details.

intrigeri <intrigeri@???> :

> elouann wrote (31 Jul 2015 17:42:30 GMT) :
> > Here is the situation:
>
> > * from the branch elouann/translation:
> >     git fetch elouann translation
> >     git checkout -b fr-solve-conflicts elouann/translation

> > * pull from master
> >     git pull origin master
> >   this returns indeed tons of conflicts.

I tried in vain to separate the conflicting files from the others by
merging at this step:

* `git commit` returns "not possible because you have unmerged files."

* `git commit -a` merges everything in a single commit, even the files
containing conflicts.

> > * git mergetool
> > This opens each problematic file in meld. Local version should be
> > on the left, remote on the right. Merge in the middle, save, then
> > exit meld.
>
> And then, what did you do to add/commit the resulting files?

After merging this way, the files are automatically added to the 'commit
cue', i.e `git commit` includes also the modifications made inside meld.

> > I promise a thundering ovation (at least) to the One who will solve
> > this tricky blocker.
>
> That'll be you, possibly with some help :)

Thanks for the encouragements!

Cheers,
~ elouann