Re: [Tails-l10n] Improving Translation Infrastructure

Author: spriver
To: okgoogle, Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Improving Translation Infrastructure
Hi,
I'm trying to answer your questions where it's possible for me.

On 05/29/2015 07:04, okgoogle wrote:
> Hello, I am new here - sajolida mentioned to me an ongoing effort
> to improve the translation infrastructure
> (https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/translation_platform/). It's my
> understanding that for the website this currently is happening
> almost entirely via Git. I have done quite a bit of Transifex
> coordination and integration work in the past and would like to try
> to add value here, if possible..
>
> A couple questions:
>
> 1. Where are the current instructions located for setting up a dev
> environment for the website?

Check out this page:
https://tails.boum.org/contribute/build/website/

If you have any problems, let us know ;)
> 2. I see a translation project on Transifex for the website
> (https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/tails-website/) but it looks
> dormant. Are you all open to using Transifex.com for the website?
> This would open the site up to a larger group of translators and
> languages (as well as qualified reviewers). You all can still
> coordinate in conjunction with the current process, assuming I'm
> observing it correctly from what I've seen so far.

The mentioned page about the translation infrastructure improvements
tries to deal with that problem - Git is a bit too complicated for
many people and we are trying to get more people into translation (: I
don't know what the latest state is right now.

> On a completely different note - nice to meet you all!

Thanks for offering your help in improving Tails! Be welcome!

> Ok Google

Cheers,

spriver